Carnival ships have a reputation for fun and festive cruising, but there is something for even the most laid-back person on Carnival Spirit. For starters, there are 28 cabin categories to choose from, and plenty of room for enjoying quiet times with family or loved ones in between enjoying all the Carnival Spirit attractions.
Carnival cruises take passengers on fabulous journeys around Australia and the world. Onboard attractions are also imbued with a global feel, from an Egyptian themed show lounge to a Shanghai style piano bar. Cruising on the Carnival Spirit is truly an international experience. The ship has been designed and refurbished to whisk passengers away from everyday life and transport them to a world of fun and whimsy.
Included in Carnival Spirit refurbishments are the Green Thunder water slide and aqua park – fun for all the family. Adults needing together-time can head away from the action and relax at the Serenity adults-only retreat. Additional upgrades include extra interconnecting cabins, Australian beers at the bar, and great coffee thanks to the introduction of trained baristas.
At almost 300 meters long and 12 decks tall, Carnival Spirit has options aplenty to tailor the cruise to your own preferences. For example, diners can savour all the best foodstuffs at the Empire Dining Room, or enjoy getting more involved with culinary pleasures at the Supper Club. Every public space is an opulent backdrop for onboard activities that range from relaxed to radical.
Carnival Spirit cabin options
- Carnival Spirit Suites (Grand, Vista, Ocean and Junior): Twin beds convert to king-size, whirlpool bathtub, sofa beds, walk in closet and dressing area, vanity table.
- Vista Suites: All feature large wrap-around balconies.
- All Carnival Spirit balconies include patio furniture, sun loungers and sliding doors for access from inside the cabin.
- Extended Balcony Cabins: 50% more cabin space, full bathroom, 3 closets, additional bunks or sofa beds for extra persons.
- Oceanview Cabins: Large picture window for enjoying scenic vistas, convertible twin beds, plus options for accommodating one or two extra people.
- All Carnival Spirit cabins include state-of-the-art technology, flatscreen TV, safe, bathrobes, towels mini-bar and air-conditioning.
After the comfortable rest in your cabin is over, it’s once again time to explore more Carnival Spirit attractions. Here are a few of the stand-out features.
Carnival Spirit Gym
A Carnival cruise affords plenty of time for onboard indulgence, amazing sightseeing, and socialising. It’s one thing to return home from a cruise looking relaxed and tanned, but entirely another to amaze friends and family with the new fit and fabulous you. The Gym on Carnival Spirit is an attraction itself, designed and appointed with trappings resembling a Roman amphitheater.
No matter what exercise you choose, you will simultaneously enjoy unencumbered ocean views. Cross-trainers, stair-climbers and treadmills are all popular and state-of-the-art on Carnival Spirit. Then again, you could try losing weight the easy way – soaking in the hot tub.
Keep the good times rolling
Carnival Spirit is all about good times. Passengers can enjoy fun in the sun by joining in with the pool games, or let the song-and-dance show troupe do the entertaining. By day you could be twisting and turning on the giant waterslide, before performing similar moves at night on the disco dance floor. In fact, you may even find yourself singing and dancing with friends anywhere onboard, from the deck to the dining room. Even Debby Downer would find it difficult to resist all the fun on Carnival Spirit.
The voyage is comfortable and relaxed, but there are also special evenings when cruisers are encouraged to dress-to-impress in suits and gowns. It’s an opportunity to enjoy the cruise tradition of classy elegance, and most passengers get into the spirit of the occasion.
The Carnival Spirit has a guest capacity of 2124 spread over 12 passenger decks, creating enough space for everyone to feel special. There are more than 6 bars and lounges, plus 4 swimming pools and 4 jacuzzis. In reality, you would need to be at sea for quite a few nights in order to experience all the entertainment and attractions.
The Promenade on Deck 2 is an example of the Carnival experience
- Pharaoh’s Palace Theatre hosting musical productions, singers, movies and more.
- Cool Jazz Club with dance floor, bar and stage.
- Fountain Cafe for enjoying tasty pastries and a smooth coffee.
- Monarchs Card Room seats 20 and include board games.
- The Champions Bar for sports enthusiasts, including large TVs.
- Sushi Bar serving complimentary delicacies from 5-8:15pm.
- Spirit Atrium Lobby is a 9-deck high open area which includes a dance floor and stage for live performances.
- Louis XIV Casino with gaming tables, slot machines, tournaments and classes.
- Shore excursions and reception desk.
- Artists Lobby Lounge and wine bar, including Martini tastings.
- Empire Restaurant, the 1250 capacity main restaurant with formal and private dining options.
The Carnival Spirit can be your own private getaway, or an adventure playground – whichever you choose. Getting to your destination is half the fun of modern cruising, and more people than ever before are experiencing first-hand the joy of adventure on the high-seas.
A family that plays together
Kids are welcome on Carnival Spirit, and there are plenty of activities and adventures to keep them occupied. Camp Carnival, located on Deck 5, is far away from quieter shipboard areas, yet lots of fun for kids of all ages. Supervised fun in the children’s club lounge area means that parents and guardians can also get their special alone time. Club 02 on Deck 10 is a teens-only venue for movies, games, karaoke and parties.
Unleashing your inner competitor is hard to resist on Carnival Spirit. Test your skill at mini-golf, time your laps around the jogging track, or shoot a few hoops on the full-size basketball court. If all else fails, you can retreat to the Techno Video Games Arcade which is open 24 hours.
We can’t all enjoy a trip around the world, but Carnival Spirit is the next best thing where you will experience a whole world of fun.
Do you know how many Carnival cruise ships are there? Check this post.